CATIGER is a funny porcelain figure handmade by our friends who lead their own ceramic studio. Catiger’s main duty is to defend bookcase from enemies and to make friends with a porcelain dalmatian dog. All of the designs from FAV STUFF collection are inspired by our favourite things, little objects which make every day pleasant. The rug was entirely made by hand. Over 90% of used material comes from textiles recycling. It’s a waste generated in mass knitwear production; it consists mostly cotton fibers. Remaining 10% is a high quality linen thread used as a warp. Please notice that colours and details in reality may vary slightly. It’s due to use of recycled yarns. Every batch of material we get is a little bit different. That’s why every rug is unique. The rug can be exposed on the floor or on the wall. Thanks to using traditional weaving technique, the volume of production waste we make is very little – it fits in just one hand. Rugs are reversable, finished with linen selvage and also they can be washed in a washing mashine!The design will be produced in limited number of pieces: 10 in the small size and 10 in large. Every rug is signed; bear a serial number and names of designer and maker. 2% of income is intended to charity.
Learn more about Tartaruga Studio